Tips For Selling Your Home While On Vacation
Tips for selling your home while on vacation
Just because you are selling your home does not mean you can’t enjoy getting away for some summer fun. If you are going to go away for a week or two, we recommend the following tips:
- Make sure all your doors and windows are locked. You will want your house to be available for showings and open houses, so make sure there is a lock box with a key at the house. Alternatively, supply your realtor with a key and request that they be available to meet prospective buyers to open the house for showings.
- If showings are slow during your time away, ask your realtor or a friend to stop in to check on your home.
- You can turn your water supply off to prevent possible damage from a broken fixture or pipe. Make sure your realtor knows how to turn the water back on for showings or open houses so prospective buyers can use the bathrooms.
- Make arrangements with someone to keep the grass cut and the yard looking trim.
- Cancel mail delivery. This is a good security issue for anyone who may be away for awhile, but you also don’t want mail piling up to detract from the curb appeal of your home.