Schaefer Inspection Service wants to remind you and your family that it is National Safety Month. Protect your family against fire, so prepare today for a safer tomorrow. You can practice good fire safety year-round!
- Install smoke detectors on every level of your home, and outside of each bedroom.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”]
- Test smoke detectors every 6 months.
- Replace the alarm every ten years or when the “test” button fails, whichever comes first.
- Replace batteries in your smoke detectors once a year. (Or if a beeping sound is coming from the smoke detector.)
- Keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen.
- Schedule regular chimney/fireplace inspections.
- Schedule HVAC inspections every year and replace filters regularly.
- Replace worn, old or damaged electrical cords immediately. Also, do not run cords under rugs or furniture.
- If your home was built between 1950-1990 then your home could have a Federal Pacific Circuit Breaker panel. Call a licensed electrician to investigate further.
More Prevention Tips
- Soak cigarette butts and ashes in water before throwing them away.
- Never smoke in a home where oxygen is used.
- Ensure that all family members know two ways to escape from your home. (Don’t forget to establish a family meeting spot outside of your home!)
Schaefer Inspection Service wants the best for you and your family. We hope you found our tips useful. Keep in mind that if your inspector noted electrical issues during the home inspection you should have a qualified electrical contractor investigate further.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]